Christmas is a holiday that is celebrated on December 25th in many countries around the world. It is a Christian holiday that commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, who is considered the son of God in the Christian faith. Christmas is traditionally marked by the exchange of gifts, the decoration of homes with trees and lights, and the gathering of friends and family to celebrate. Many people also attend church services on Christmas Day and sing Christmas carols.
There are many films that are traditionally associated with Christmas and are often watched during the holiday season. Some popular Christmas movies include:
- It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) – a classic holiday tale about a man who is shown the value of his life by a guardian angel.
- A Christmas Carol (1984) – an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic story about a miserly old man who is visited by three ghosts on Christmas Eve.
- Elf (2003) – a comedic tale about a man raised by elves at the North Pole who travels to New York City to find his real father.
- A Christmas Carol (2009) – an animated version of Charles Dickens’ classic story, featuring the voices of Jim Carrey and Gary Oldman.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) – a version of Charles Dickens’ story featuring the Muppets, with Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989) – a comedic film about a family’s misadventures during the holiday season.
- Love Actually (2003) – a romantic comedy featuring an ensemble cast and multiple storylines set in the lead-up to Christmas.
- The Grinch (2018) – an animated adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ classic holiday tale about a grumpy Grinch who tries to steal Christmas.