Verizon Communications Inc. is an American multinational telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. As of 2023, it is one of the three largest mobile network operators in the United States by number of subscribers. Verizon also provides broadband internet, streaming television, and other communications services.
Here Check, Some facts about Verizon:
- Verizon was formed in 2000 by the merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE.
- Verizon has over 130 million wireless subscribers and 6 million Fios broadband subscribers.
- Verizon is the largest provider of wireless service to businesses in the United States.
- Verizon is the leading provider of communications services to the U.S. government.
- Verizon is a major investor in 5G technology and is expected to be one of the first companies to launch 5G service in the United States.
- Verizon is the first company in the world to launch commercial 5G for mobility, fixed wireless, and mobile edge computing.
- Verizon is the most awarded for network quality, according to J.D. Power – 30 times in a row; more than any other wireless provider.
- Verizon was ranked the #2 most valuable telecom brand in the world in 2023 by Brand Finance.
- Verizon is a major investor in renewable energy, with a goal of sourcing or generating renewable energy equivalent to 50 percent of its total annual electricity consumption by 2025.
- Verizon is a leader in the development of new technologies, such as 5G, edge computing, and artificial intelligence.
Verizon is a major player in the telecommunications industry and is one of the most valuable companies in the United States. It is a major employer and a significant contributor to the U.S. economy.